Purple Thursday 2021
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), and domestic violence continues to be a profound and pervasive social and public health crisis, crossing lines of class, race, ethnicity, and sexuality. We are encouraged to wear purple to show support for those who have experienced domestic violence and abuse and let them know that help is available for themselves and their families.
To participate in the ‘Purple Thursday’ campaign on Thursday, October 21, please share a photo of you wearing purple with the Civil Program on Yammer - All Company and for those who are OHR employees, please post the photo on OneOHR (OHR Staff only).
- NIH Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- NIMH Coping with Traumatic Events
- NIMH Women and Mental Health
Additional Domestic Violence Resources
- Staying Safe During COVID-19 - National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- Or if you're unable to speak safely, you can log onto www.thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Helping Victims of Domestic Violence During the COVID-19 Health Crisis
- DCCADV Purple Thursday Campaign