Service Credit

You may owe money to receive retirement credit for civilian service if you:

  • received a refund of retirement contributions
  • had a temporary appointment not covered under the retirement system

Rules for crediting service vary based on your retirement system (FERS or CSRS).

Service Credit Payment

Submit the appropriate form to your Benefits Contact.

Your benefits contact will certify the form and file it with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). Contact OPM at 888-767-6738 to check the status of your request.