Analyzing Your Gaps
This phase involves understanding the gaps between workforce demand and supply and to define top priority gaps with the greatest impact on organizational performance.
Questions to consider
- What competency/skill gaps exist in my workforce?
- How are those competencies/skills being updated to reflect the changing business environment.
- Are there certain occupations or geographic area with hard to fill positions?
- Are there certain occupations that require hard-to-find skills?
- What diversity gaps exist with my workforce?
- How can I improve the diversity of my workforce through workforce planning practices? Where do I need to consider adjusting recruitment/other human capital strategies to support diversity & inclusion?
- How will retirement affect the overall spread of employees?