Use this form below if you had trouble finding the information you needed, have a suggestion for improving this page, or found an error with the content. If you have a question that needs an immediate response, please use the Contact Us form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Though you are a federal employee, your unemployment insurance (UI) is managed by the State of your official duty station (Maryland, North Carolina, Montana, Arizona). If you are a remote employee, your UI will be determined by your locality area. Laws and policies vary across states, so if you have any questions regarding your UI, reach out to your respective State UI Office.
- Division of Unemployment Insurance
- Phone: Toll Free (800) 827-4839 or (877) 293-4125
District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Department of Employment
- Services Office of Unemployment Compensation
- Central Claims Division
- Phone: (202) 724-7000
- Employment Security Commission
- Phone: 888-737-0259
- Unemployment Compensation (UC)
- Phone: Toll Free (888) 313-7284 or 717-787-3547
- Employment Commission
- Phone: (804) 786-1885
- Unemployment Compensation
- Phone: (304) 558-0291 or (304) 285-3124
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Phone: 1 (877) 600-2722
Consult with your State UI Office or NIH Benefits contact for more information.