Use this form below if you had trouble finding the information you needed, have a suggestion for improving this page, or found an error with the content. If you have a question that needs an immediate response, please use the Contact Us form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
- be a current NIH Leave Bank Member;
- You must experience a qualifying medical emergency, which is projected to result in at least 24 hours of non-pay status
- You must submit a complete NIH Leave Bank Recipient Package to the Leave Bank Office no later than 30 calendar days following the termination of the medical emergency.
If you choose to invoke FMLA, you must:
- be a full-time or part-time employee with at least twelve months of civilian service;
- experience a qualifying medical emergency; and
- have FMLA leave available (up to 12 weeks in a 12 month period).
Package should be submitted to the NIH Leave Bank Office for review. It must include:
- Fax Cover Sheet
- Leave Recipient Application
- Authorization for Disclosure of Information
- Confidential Medical Documentation
For more information, email LeaveBank@od.nih.gov or call (301) 443-8393.