Schedule Your Next Event at the NIH Training Center
It’s as easy as: Request | Confirm | Pay
Are you having trouble finding an NIH space that meets your needs? Rent a room from the NIH Training Center! We have modern classroom technology, outstanding customer service, and an easy payment process.
With each classroom rental, you will receive technical support and basic equipment including an instructor/meeting leader laptop, projector and flipcharts. Computer classrooms are also available on a limited basis. Rooms can accommodate remote participants with an additional technical support charge.
Our main facility is located off-campus at Rockledge I (6705 Rockledge Drive, North Bethesda), accessible by the NIH green line shuttle and featuring FREE visitor parking! Our space is conveniently close to the Rockledge II cafeteria and an R&W store. We also have two classrooms available in the Natcher Conference Center (Building 45).
All of our classrooms are equipped with:
- Instructor laptop and printer
- Projector and screen
- Ability to use remote software (e.g. WebEx) for distance learners
- Video cameras
- Instructor and student microphones
- Flip charts and paper
- Table tents with dry erase surface and markers
Classrooms are equipped with Windows7/Office 2016.
|Type||Classroom Name||Capacity||Step Inside!|
|Traditional||RTI Room (4002) - Rockledge I Traditional Classroom 1||36|
|Computer||RC1 Room (4024) - Rockledge I Computer Classroom 1||23|
|Computer||RC2 Room (4017) - Rockledge I Computer Classroom 2||21|
|Traditional||NT1 Room (1AF14B) - Natcher Traditional Classroom||37|
|Convertible (Traditional or computer)l||NCC Room (1AF14A) - Natcher Convertible Classroom||16|
|Conference Room||NT1 & NCC Room (1AF14A/1AF14B) - Combined||65|
Note: The convertible classrooms (RCC and NCC) fee is based upon the room setup. If computer use is requested, the computer classroom rate is billed due to increased need for technical support.
Room Rental Prices
|Computer (full or half day)||$900|
|Traditional (full day)||$600|
|Traditional (half day)||$300|
|Conference room (full day)||$1500|
- Request: Call us at 301-496-6211 to confirm room availability. Then complete the online Room Rental Request form and provide your CAN.
- Confirm: The NIHTC will contact you to discuss any details and logistics. Then, we’ll confirm your request by email and confirm your room rental.
- Pay: We will process payment and IC approval through the LMS. You will not be charged until the room rental is confirmed and implemented.
Room Rental Policy
Schedule Your Next Event at the NIH Training Center
- Cancellation: Room reservations can be cancelled up to 10 business days prior to rental date without penalty. Any cancellations received after the cancellation deadline will result in a charge of the full agreed upon amount.
- Last minute booking: In some cases, we can accommodate last-minute rentals if our classrooms are not in use. Reservations made within the 10 business day cancellation period will incur the full charge if cancelled.
- Parking: Parking is free at Rockledge One and Two in the visitor section located in the rear of the building. Sufficient handicapped parking is provided on the first level of the parking garage. If you have concerns, please notify the NIH Training Center and we will ensure that space is available.
- Remote Participants: Our classrooms can accommodate web meetings and remote participants. Please give at least 10 business days advanced notice of your needs. The NIH Training Center will provide WebEx and Lync access and IT support. If you require use of another remote meeting tool, please be prepared to provide your own support to manage the tool. Additional fees for remote support will apply to your reservation.
- Liability: ICs are responsible for the condition of the equipment and furniture in the rented classroom for the duration of the rental agreement period. Damages will be itemized and charged to the IC CAN provided.
- Reasonable Accommodations: The class locations are wheelchair-accessible. We can install assistive software (provided by the employee or office) with at least 10 business days advanced notice. Any additional accommodations, such as providing sign language interpreters is the responsibility of the IC. We are happy to accommodate your needs but we ask that you notify the NIH Training Center if any additional accommodation is required so we can ensure the room is prepared in advance.
- Special Software installation: If you require specialized software or equipment and/or pre-loaded files, you must contact the NIH Training Center at least 10 business days in advance of the event date. The NIH Training Center reserves the right to deny software installation due to incompatibility issues or potential adverse effects to the computers and network. Files and software will be scanned for viruses.
- Room Configuration: Our traditional classrooms NCC, NT1, and RT1 are the only rooms that have flexibility with the arrangement of the tables. If requested in advance, NIH Training Center staff can configure the room to your specifications. RC1, RC2, and RCC are wired classroom-style and cannot be re-configured.
Questions? Please contact us at 301-496-6211 or NIHTCRooms@mail.nih.gov.