Schedule A for Applicants with Disabilities Eligibility
Schedule A For Applicants With Disabilities Eligibility
Federal regulations (5 CFR 213.3102(u)) give individuals with a documented intellectual disability, a severe physical disability, or a psychiatric disability the ability to apply to federal government announcements. Your eligibility does not guarantee you to a job within the federal government. You must still apply, compete, and meet qualification standards and additional requirements, such as a background investigation.
If applying to an announcement directly, the announcement must be accepting applications from outside of the Department of Health and Human Services.
You may be eligible if you meet all of the requirements below:
- You have a documented intellectual disability, a severe physical disability, or a psychiatric disability; AND,
- You meet all requirements of the position including the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
To verify your eligibility you must submit
- Documentation of your disability. The listing of your actual disability is not required in the documentation. Documentation can be obtained from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., state or private); or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. The letter must be printed on the official letterhead of a medical professional and must include a signature, or it is invalid. Please visit OPM's website for sample letters.
You must submit all required documents by the closing date of the announcement with your application package.
If you want to be considered for positions outside of the USAJOBS application process, visit OPM's Schedule A Hiring Authority.
For more information, review USAJOBS Individuals with disabilities resources.
- Appointment of Certain Family Members of Overseas Employees Eligibility
- Appointment of Certain Foreign Service Employees Eligibility
- Appointment of Certain Military Spouses Eligibility
- Appointment of Peace Corps or AmeriCorps VISTA Staff Members Eligibility
- Displaced Federal Employees
- Foreign Education
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities Eligibility
- Schedule A for People with Disabilities
- Appointment of Certain Base Facilities Management Employees Eligibility