Conducting a Supply Analysis
Conducting a supply analysis involves understanding the current workforce and how it is projected to change over time, due to attrition and other trends.
Questions to consider
- How well does the current workforce align/support you business strategy?
- How many employees are at each organization level?
- How will turnover of key staff affect your organization's ability to deliver services?
- Where are my difficult positions to fill? Where am I challenged to fill positions with quality applicants?
- Are there local recruitment sources that can provide top talent?
- What new ways of working or skill mix would aid in recruitment?
- Can the workforce be arrayed differently to better facilitate workload coverage?
- What is the current distribution of employee years of service?