The Benefits staff provides the following live presentations twice a month. Use the Connect to a workshop links below to join in.
New Employee Benefits Workshop
Answering questions on your benefits and the enrollment process. The workshop supplements the new employee benefits orientation.
- Date: The second Tuesday of every pay period
- Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Attendance is optional
If you've transferred from outside the Department of Health and Human Services, please visit the Transfer Employee Benefits Information webpage for actions you may need to take and details on your WebEx presentation.
You have 60 days from your start date to complete benefits elections for all programs listed below.
Submit election form (SF-2809) through USA Staffing Onboarding for New Hires and include family member eligibility document(s), if applicable. Note: Coverage is not retroactive, and it cannot be made effective the day you enter on duty. It's effective the pay period after your enrollment form is submitted.
- Kaiser Permanente New Employee Information Sessions
- Blue Cross CareFirst New Employee Presentation
- Health and Dental Information Sessions
- Plan Types
- Plan Information
- Compare Plans - A tool that allows you to compare up to 3 plans side-by-side.
- Health Plan Comparison Tool Video
Dental and Vision Insurance
Apply through the BENEFEDS Portal.
Submit election form (SF-2817) through USA Staffing Onboarding for New Hires.
- Calculator- A tool that allows you to determine the face value and premiums of various combinations of coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Apply through the FSA website. The following tools will help determine if an FSA is beneficial for you and your family.
- Eligible expenses for:
- Savings Calculator for Health Care and Dependent Care FSA
Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance
Important Notice: Suspension of New Applications
Questions may be directed to Long Term Care Partners.
NIH Leave Bank Program
Apply for membership in the Integrated Time and Attendance System (ITAS), under the “Leave Bank Membership” tab. If you cannot access ITAS, please contact the NIH Leave Bank Office at LeaveBank@od.nih.gov. Additional information can be found on the Leave Bank website.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) - You're automatically enrolled to contribute 5% of your salary. To adjust this amount, submit form (TSP-1) through USA Staffing Onboarding for New Hires. After you receive your myPay login credentials, you can make contribution changes in myPay at any time.
- Beneficiary Forms - Forms are located in USA Staffing Onboarding for New Hires. However, you must print and submit original signed forms to the Benefits Office. Forms may be submitted and updated at any time.
- Retirement Information - Learn more about your retirement program, contributions, and military service.
Contact the Benefits Office to confirm receipt of submissions made through USA Staffing Onboarding for New Hires.
|Human Resources Assistant (HRA)||First Letter of Last Name|
A - J
|K - S|
|T - Z & Transfers|