You may complete 4 different beneficiary forms. If you are satisfied with the Order of Precendence you do not need to file any designations. If you do, it’s important to ensure your designations are current. A designation will still be valid even if your relationship or family situation has changed.
- Unpaid Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Form (SF2823). Submit to Retirement & Employee Benefits Branch
- View copy in your Personnel Folder
- Additional information
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Form (SF2808). Submit to address listed on form
Tips for completing these forms:
- All forms require two witnesses to your signature. Anyone can sign as a witness as long as they are not a named beneficiary.
- Forms must be free of any erasures or changes.
- Notify your Retirement & Employee Benefits Branch with any questions.
Retirement & Employee Benefits Branch Locations
An original signature is required on all election forms. Please send forms and supporting documents to the appropriate address below. For questions, call or email AskBenefits@nih.gov.
|Bethesda Office||North Carolina Office|
|Retirement & Employee Benefits Branch||Retirement & Employee Benefits Branch|
|BG 31 RM 1B37||PO Box 12233 (K1-01)|
|31 Center DR||Keystone/Rm 1105|
|Bethesda MD 20814-2215||Research Triangle Park, NC 27709|