Use this form below if you had trouble finding the information you needed, have a suggestion for improving this page, or found an error with the content. If you have a question that needs an immediate response, please use the Contact Us form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Recipients are Leave Bank members who are affected by a medical condition, and are projected to exhaust all paid leave.
- Be a Leave Bank member for the current leave year.
- Experience a qualifying medical condition and provide medical documentation.
- Receive approval from the Leave Bank Board.
- Use all accrued sick and annual leave before any Leave Bank leave can be applied.
- Be projected to exhaust all saved leave and be in a leave-without-pay status for at least 24 hours.
Yearly Hourly Cap
A recipient may only receive up to a yearly hourly cap. The 2017 cap is:
- 480 hours for personal medical emergencies
- 240 hours for family medical emergencies
- 720 total hours of leave received within the membership period
Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP)
If you are participating in VLTP, you are also eligible to apply to be a Leave Bank recipient. Any approved Leave Bank hours will be applied before VLTP hours can be used. VLTP hours received will be included when determining leave need under the Leave Bank. For more information on the programs, check out leave sharing comparisons.
- Determine eligibility
- Determine if you need medical documentation
- Complete the following forms:
- Fax Cover Sheet (NIH 2941)
- Application (NIH 2940)
- Authorization to Disclose Information (NIH 2923)
- Medical Documentation Request
Submit application within 30 calendar days of the termination of your medical condition via fax at 301-480-2579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the Leave Bank Office will begin accepting recipient application for the 2018 membership year following the end of open enrollment on December 12, 2017.
- Review process
- Steps after approval
Email email@example.com or call (301) 443-8393.