The Performance Management Appraisal Program (PMAP) is designed to communicate organizational goals and objectives between you and your supervisor. It runs on a fiscal year cycle and is applicable to the following employees:
- General Schedule (GS)
- Wage Grade (WG, WL, WS)
- Senior Biomedical Research Service (SBRS)
- Title 42 209(f) and Title-42 209(g) - if not covered under the Executive Performance Management System (EPMS)
PMAP is one component of the on-going process of performance management. Supervisors should also provide frequent informal feedback, recognition and awards, coaching, skills development, and appropriate corrective action.
- PMAP Handbook – gives easy-to-follow instructions for key activities conducted throughout the performance cycle. It also outlines roles and responsibilities to answer frequently asked questions.
- Guide for Non-Standard Situations – provides guidance for uncommon situations. For instance, when an employee is not in the same job for the entire year because of a detail or transfer. You can also refer to the process map for an overview.
NOTE: The NIH will continue to honor all current Collective Bargaining Agreements containing provisions that address performance and will implement this policy consistent with the Agreements and its bargaining obligations under law, rule or regulation. Please check with your Employee and Labor Relations Specialist to determine what impact this has on bargaining unit employees in your work.
- ePMAP login (Note: Use Google Chrome to access the site)
- PMAP Form: web format and word document
- 2020 Closeout and 2021 Establishment
- FY21 Awards Guidance for Non-SES Employees