NIH Mentoring Program
The NIH Mentoring Program is a resource designed to assist federal employees to develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Benefits of the NIH Mentoring Program:
- Develops and retains a diverse, high-performing workforce
- Builds and reinforces a culture of learning
- Strengthens retention and succession planning efforts
- Provides an infrastructure of support that empowers employees to manage their development
- Increases organizational commitment
- Increases self-confidence
- Improves organizational communication
- Reaffirms the value of building effective relationships
- Preserves corporate knowledge
- Helps mentors and mentees deal effectively with change and transition
NIH is currently investigating options to support mentor matching within our organization. As a mentee, it is highly recommended that you proactively seek a mentor that can best support your goals. If you are having difficulty locating at mentor, HHS has a department-wide Mentor Matching System that may provide a starting point.
This site contains resources available for you to learn how to prospect, develop and foster a mentoring relationship. Please select an area of interest from the options below: