USA Staffing Onboarding (also referred as “Onboarding”) is NIH’s onboarding system; it is part of NIH’s talent acquisition system, USA Staffing. New Hire entry-on-duty (EOD) forms are transmitted from USA Staffing Onboarding to their electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) for housing.
The USA Staffing Onboarding system is used by several NIH Human Resources user groups to:
- Send NIH New Hires their tentative and/or final offer letter
- Assign New Hires entry-on-duty (EOD) forms based on their appointment type
- Review and process EOD forms submitted by New Hires
- Transmit applicable EOD forms submitted to a New Hires electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF)
NIH HR Users may log into the system via USA Staffing Onboarding for HR users.
Meet the USA Staffing Onboarding HR users
Below is a high-level overview of the roles and responsibilities of each USA Staffing Onboarding HR user group.
- Create New Hire profiles
- Send tentative and/or final offer letters
- Assign/unassign New Hire forms
- Complete HR Questionnaire to populate HR portions of New Hire EOD forms
- Review all non-benefit related forms for accuracy prior to New Employee Orientation
- Assist NIH New Hires with form completion and submission
- Assist NIH New Hires with basic system troubleshooting
- View all non-benefit related forms assigned to New Hires
- Sign/Process non-benefit related forms
- Transmit payroll and SF 144 forms to eOPF
- Run reports
- Review benefit-related forms assigned to New Hires
- Sign/accept/reject benefit-related forms
- Transmit benefit-related forms to eOPF
- Run reports
- Ensure operation of system
- Process system access requests for NIH HR users
- Provide system support to NIH HR users and New Hires
The USA Staffing Onboarding system is used by NIH New Hires to:
- Accept or Reject New Hire tentative and final job offers
- Complete, sign (where applicable) and submit assigned entry-on-duty (EOD) forms
- Print EOD forms for submission during New Employee Orientation (NEO)
For information regarding completing your new hire paperwork, visit the Completing your new hire paperwork in USA Staffing Onboarding page.
After initial login, New Hires may log into the system via USA Staffing Onboarding for New Hires.