The Enterprise Human Capital Management (EHCM) system is an upgrade to the Capital HR system. Capital HR launched in 2002 and EHCM replaced Capital HR in 2019. EHCM is managed by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
EHCM functionality includes:
- System access via the AMS (Access Management System) with PIV Card
- Workforce Administration
- PAR (Personal Action Requests) Processing
- Security and System Access
- Recruiting & Staff Acquisition (Job Requisition)
- Position Management
- In-person EHCM course offerings
- Navigation Materials
- EHCM Recruiting and Staffing (Job Openings)
Recommended for IC users. Discusses recruiting and staffing functions, including creating, submitting, approving, and searching for jobs.
- EHCM Workforce Administration
Recommended for OHR users. Covers workforce administration functions to manage personnel information, such as degrees, licenses, certifications, and telework eligibility.
Accounts automatically lock if you have not logged in within the last 60 days and are deleted if you have not logged in within 180 days.
To access EHCM, all users must log-in with a physical PIV Card. Unfortunately, using “network credentials” is not an option at this time due to a security requirement HHS is enforcing.
The EHCM System Roles document provides information on EHCM roles and descriptions.