USA Performance (USAP) is an automated performance management system for Senior Executive Service (SES) and Senior-Level Title 42 executives. It is managed by OPM and is rolling out HHS-wide for the FY2019 performance management cycle.
NIH SES and Senior-Level Title 42 executives will use USA Performance for their individual performance plans. At this time, USA Performance will not apply to SL/ST employees. SL/ST employees will continue to use the same electronic form currently in use. A timeframe for USAP implementation for SL/ST employees has not been established by HHS.
Important Dates: FY 2021 Executive Closeout
|20 Sep||Senior Executive Service and Senior Level Executives|
|04 Oct||Senior Level T-42 (IC Directors & All others)|
For details on guidance and deadlines, please see the email issue by the Office of Human Resources and the FY 2021 Executive Closeout Guidance, below. Please contact the Executive Performance Management Team with questions.
- FY 2021 Executive Closeout - Senior Level T-42, SES and SL Executives
- FY 2021 Executive Closeout Guidance
- USAP Closeout Guide - Rating Officials
- Increase transparency
- Improve efficiency of the performance management process
- Support transparent communication
- Ensure compliance and consistency
- Enhance accountability
- Align with OMB Directive M-12-18 to reduce paper and use electronic recordkeeping