USA Performance (USAP) is an automated performance management system for Senior Executive Service (SES) and Senior-Level Title 42 executives. It is managed by OPM and is rolling out HHS-wide for the FY2019 performance management cycle.
NIH SES and Senior-Level Title 42 executives will use USA Performance for their individual performance plans. At this time, USA Performance will not apply to SL/ST employees. SL/ST employees will continue to use the same electronic form currently in use. A timeframe for USAP implementation for SL/ST employees has not been established by HHS.
- USA Performance go-live at NIH: October 1, 2018
- USA Performance NIH System demo: October 18, 2018 11:30am - 12:30pm, Bldg 31 6C, Room 10
- FY 19 Executive Performance Plan established: October 25, 2018
- Increase transparency
- Improve efficiency of the performance management process
- Support transparent communication
- Ensure compliance and consistency
- Enhance accountability
- Align with OMB Directive M-12-18 to reduce paper and use electronic recordkeeping
USA Performance currently works with Internet Explorer version 10 and above and Google Chrome version 39 and above.
- Navigate to the USA Performance login page
- Type in your username and initial password
- Select the "Sign In" button
- Change your password at the prompt
- Read and accept the Rules of Behavior, then continue to the Welcome page
- You're then directed to the Home/Dashboard page
You may also use your PIV card to log in to USAP once initial login procedures are completed.
Forgot your password?
Users may request a new password through the “Forgot Password” link on the log in page; new passwords are sent within 15 minutes of the request. Please note a password reset can only be done once in a 24-hour period. Users should double check their spam/junk folder for the password reset email.