Welcome Clinical Fellows!
In this section you'll find information and tools to help you select a health insurance plan under the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) program.
Your health insurance coverage is not automatic. You have 60 days from your effective date of hire to enroll in a federal health plan. The earlier you decide on your health insurance plan, the sooner your election coverage will begin!
How to submit
You'll need to complete and submit the following benefits forms:
Your submission date determines how you'll submit the forms:
- On July 1st, for a health insurance effective date of July 3rd, submit to your Benefits Human Resources Assistant (HRA) by 5pm ET
- After July 1st, you must submit your elections through the USA Jobs Onboarding Manager.
For detailed submission instructions, see the Health Insurance Checklist.
Your health insurance is effective the pay period after you submit your paperwork. The earliest you may submit is your first day of employment -- don't attempt to submit prior to your first day.
The following table shows how soon you may receive health insurance based on your submission dates.
|If you submit ...||Your coverage begins ...|
|July 1||July 3|
|July 3 - 16||July 17|
|July 17 - 30||July 31|
|July 31 - August 13||August 14|
|August 14 - 27||August 28|
|August 28 - September 10||September 11|
This is an opportunity to meet with the health plan providers and ask questions. You may attend in advance of your new hire effective date, attendance is optional.
- Kaiser Permanente New Employee Information Sessions
- Health and Dental Information Sessions
- Blue Cross CareFirst New Employee Presentation
The Benefits staff provides the following live webinar presentations weekly.
- New employee benefits orientation - Attendance is mandatory.
- New employee workshop - Attendance is optional.
New employee benefits enrollment
- New employee benefits enrollment
Important information on all your Federal Benefits. Please note the timeframe to submit your elections as a new hire.
- Federal Benefits Summary on all benefits programs
For your first 60 days of employment, contact your Benefits Human Resources Assistant to submit and confirm receipt of your benefits enrollment forms.
|First letter of your last name||Your contact|
|A - J||William Pinson
|K - S||Chris Leiby
|T - Z
(and transfer from another government agency)
- Health Plan Checklist - Help selecting a plan
- Health Insurance for Clinical Fellows [video] - General overview of electing health insurance
- Healthcare Plan Comparison Tool [video] - Instructions on how to use the Healthcare Plan Comparison Tool
- Healthcare Plan Comparison Tool - Compare health plans to determine what works best for you and your family
- Federal Benefits FastFacts - Addresses frequently asked questions
- 2022 Payroll Calendar - View pay period dates