Retirement Preparation – Are You an Early Careerist? It’s Never Too Early to Plan
Have you heard from colleagues how much they learned in one of the NIHTC’s pre-retirement preparedness workshops? Many participants in our pre-retirement classes express how they wished they had taken such a course earlier in their careers. Accordingly, the NIHTC offers a one-day workshop for NIH staff who are two to five years into their federal career and are seeking a much richer understanding of their Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) benefits. Take this opportunity now to speak with your supervisor and register soon for the July 20th workshop, Understanding FERS Benefits for Early-Career Employees Workshop.
Walk away understanding:
• The federal benefits package
• The 3-tiered retirement plan (FERS, Thrift Savings Plan [TSP], Social Security)
• What comprises creditable service
• Leave, healthcare, and life insurance benefits
• Components of wise financial planning
• TSP – funds, allocation, Roth TSP
Get your supervisor’s approval and register today!