Purple Thursday 2022
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), and domestic violence continues to be a profound and pervasive social and public health crisis, crossing lines of class, race, ethnicity, and sexuality. Each year, 10 million women and men in the U.S. experience domestic violence. There are many forms of domestic abuse which can be verbal, emotional and/or physical.
We are encouraged to wear purple to show support for those who have experienced domestic violence and abuse and let them know that help is available for themselves and their families. To participate in the ‘Purple Thursday’ campaign on Thursday, October 20, please share a photo of you wearing purple with the Civil Program on Wellness@NIH Facebook Page and for those who are OHR employees, please post the photo on OneOHR (OHR Staff only).
- NIH Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- NIMH Coping with Traumatic Events
- NIMH Women and Mental Health
- HHS Office on Women's Health: Relationship and Safety
- Domestic Violence Resources: Mental Health & Addiction
Additional Domestic Violence Resources
- Staying Safe During COVID-19 - National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- Or if you're unable to speak safely, you can log onto www.thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522
- Helping Victims of Domestic Violence During the COVID-19 Health Crisis
- DCCADV Purple Thursday Campaign