Skip to main content
Become eligible for telework
- Have the conversation with your supervisor about telework options.
- If the supervisor isn’t comfortable with a regular telework agreement, suggest a telework trial period or ask them about teleworking occasionally under an ad hoc agreement.
Create a productive environment for teleworking
- A dedicated area for work is vital to teleworking.
- Research available resources/tools for telework such as Office Communicator and teleconferencing.
- Develop a systematic way of working with documents to keep work assignments and personal items separate.
- Maintain work relationships with supervisors, colleagues, peers, and customers.
- Start viewing project or assignment updates as an opportunity to become more results oriented.
Be prepared for emergencies
- Understand the expectations of your supervisor if OPM, HHS, or NIH declares Unscheduled Telework/Unscheduled Leave and/or emergencies occur.