All NIHTC classes available for FY23 registration (August and September) are posted. If the class of interest to you is not posted, this class has either been conducted or is full. Check back in a few weeks when the NIHTC posts FY24 classes. Registration for FY24 classes begins in October.
This two week class provides foundational knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) system. The course focuses on applying the FAR to real-world scenarios found in contracts planning, formation and administration phases. The course is designed for acquisition workforce members seeking a FAC-C Level I certification. This is a rigorous course, requiring a considerable amount of focused effort and involves reading, interpreting and applying the FAR. Students will be evaluated by quizzes and examinations and must earn at least 80% to pass.
- Acquisition Planning and Source Selection
- Competition Requirements
- Contract Types
- Publicizing Contract Actions and Socioeconomic Programs
- Solicitation of Offers, Bid Evaluation and Proposal Evaluation
- Contract Awards and Bid Protests
- Performance Measurement
- Contract Modifications and Administration
- Disputes and Appeals
- Terminations and Contract Closeout Procedures