PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS ONLY OFFERED AS A CLOSED ENROLLMENT.
The NIH Bystander Training for Supervisors supports ICs with their Anti-Harassment Training Plans. This live, 2-hour training teaches participants bystander-intervention techniques that encourage respect, civility, and fairness in the workplace. This training helps employees find their voice to positively shape the culture of their work environments and provides them with the tools they need to become active bystanders.
Each IC has determined what specific training it will uniquely approve to satisfy its Anti-Harassment requirements. Check with your supervisor about your IC’s Anti-Harassment Plan, to ensure that Bystander Training will count towards them.
- Approaching Harassment from a Safety Perspective
- What Prevents Bystanders from Becoming
- Active Bystanders
- Training Objectives
- Defining Safety at NIH
- Reviewing NIH's New Policies on Harassment and Personal Relationships
- Becoming an Active Bystander
- Be Aware of the Impact
- Access the Conduct
- Take Appropriate Action
- Viewing the Workplace as a Community
This course is for all NIH Supervisors.