The Benefits Open Season runs November 9 through December 14, 2020! This is your annual opportunity to enroll, cancel, or change your health, dental, and/or vision insurance. It’s also your opportunity to enroll or re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts Program. Unless you experience a qualifying life event during the year, the Open Season is your only opportunity to enroll, cancel, or make a change for the participating programs.
The following three programs are participating in this year’s Open Season for the 2021 plan year:
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program
- Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Program
If you do not submit an FEHB or FEDVIP election during the Open Season, your current enrollment will automatically continue into 2021, subject to any changes identified in the plan brochures. If you are currently enrolled in an FSA for 2020, your current enrollment will not automatically continue into next year. To participate in an FSA for 2021, you must re-enroll during the Open Season.
2020 Virtual Benefits Fairs
This year, there will be four Virtual Benefits Open Season Fairs, instead of in-person fairs. To attend the Virtual Fairs and chat with plan representatives, registration is required. Representatives from all participating carriers will be available to take your questions during the four live carrier chat days.
Health Insurance (FEHB)
To start, stop or change your enrollment, use MyPay *
For additional information, refer to the Health Insurance Open Season Announcement.
Dental & Vision Insurance (FEDVIP)
To start, stop or change your enrollment, use BENEFEDS Portal. You may call 1-877-888-3337 (TTY: 1-877-889-5680).
For detailed information, refer to the Dental and Vision Insurance Open Season Announcement.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Enroll on the FSAFEDS website. You may also call 877-372-3337 (TTY: 1-866-353-8058).
If you are currently enrolled in an FSA, your current enrollment will not automatically continue.
To participate in 2021, you must re-enroll during the Open Season.
For detailed information, please refer to the FSA Open Season Announcement.
Benefits Specialist*Reminder: To ensure the safety of our customers and our staff, we will not be able to accept walk-ins. Please schedule an appointment with your
* Exception: If you will be retiring between now and January 2, 2021, do not use myPay to make your Open Season change. Instead, you must submit a hardcopy Health Benefits Election Form, SF 2809, along with your retirement paperwork to your Benefits Specialist.
Other Federal Benefits Not Participating in Open Season
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP): You may start, stop, or change your TSP contributions at any time via myPay.
Life Insurance (FEGLI): You may enroll and increase (OPM) coverage under limited circumstances. You may decrease or waive coverage at any time by completing an SF-2817 and forwarding it to your Benefits Contact.
- Child and Family Programs
- Civil Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund
- Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund Childcare Services Inc (Vendor for NIH Childcare Subsidy Program)
- NIH Leave Civilian Guide
- NIH Back-up Care Program
- NIH Child Care Centers
- NIH Child Care Subsidy Program
- NIH Federal Credit Union
- Parental Leave Guidance
- WorkFlex Team E-mail