Family members eligible for coverage under your “Self Plus One” or “Self and Family” enrollment are your spouse and children under age 26*, including legally adopted children, recognized natural children, and stepchildren. (*A child age 26 or over is also an eligible family member if he/she is incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical disability that existed before age 26.)
Foster children are included if they meet the requirements listed here:
- the child must be under age 26 (if the child is age 26 or over, he/she must be incapable of self-support);
- the child must currently live with you;
- the parent-child relationship must be with you, not the child's biological parent;
- you must currently be the primary source of financial support for the child; and
- you must expect to raise the child to adulthood.
Parents are not eligible for coverage under your health plan.