Family members eligible for coverage under your “Self Plus One” or “Self and Family” enrollment are your spouse and children under age 26 (if the child is age 26 or over, he/she must be incapable of self-support), including legally adopted children, recognized natural children, and stepchildren.
Foster children are included if they meet the requirements listed here:
- the child must be under age 26 (if the child is age 26 or over, he/she must be incapable of self-support);
- the child must currently live with you;
- the parent-child relationship must be with you, not the child's biological parent;
- you must currently be the primary source of financial support for the child; and
- you must expect to raise the child to adulthood.
A child age 26 or over who is incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical disability that existed before age 26 is an eligible family member. Parents are not eligible for coverage under your health plan.