Maintains focus and productivity in uncertain situations or without complete information.
- Anticipates impact to projects and/or work when there is a shift in strategic direction.
- Remains calm and focused, maintaining composure, when things are uncertain .
- Accepts that change and uncertainty are a normal part of the work environment.
- Maintains focus in high-change and complex work environments.
- Understands cultural norms and perceives organizational and political sensitivities when seeking additional information to reduce impact of uncertainty.
- Develops scenarios or options in response to uncertain conditions to anticipate possible outcomes.
- Recognizes others' discomfort and models productive behaviors, provides information, or shares perspective to limit anxiety and maintain positive engagement levels.
- Develops new procedures in response to changing and fluid situations.
- Initiates action based on available information, even when final outcome is not clearly defined.
- Achieves work objectives in uncertain, chaotic, or volatile situations.
- Takes calculated risks when limited information is available.
- Makes or escalates decisions appropriately without having the total picture or when complete information is unavailable.
- Maintains productivity when new or altered procedures are implemented.
- Shifts gears when presented with new information, priorities, and/or direction.
- Works to achieve task or project outcomes even when the complete picture or scope is unknown.