Enabling OpenText Content Server Editor & Chrome Extension
An OpenText Content Server Editor and Google Chrome Extension must be added to your computer so that documents within HR-RAMPS (HR-Request, Action & Management Process System) can be edited and saved to the system. This is only required if your role in HR-RAMPS involves the review and editing of documents.
There are three steps involved in this process:
- Enabling the Extension
- Confirming Receipt of the Editor
Send an email to your division’s Business Administrator requesting access to HR-RAMPS. A helpdesk ticket will be sent on your behalf with NIAID and with OIT. OIT will push the OpenText Content Server Editor & Chrome Extension to your computer, if needed.
You will be notified you once you have been given access.
|OD Executive Office
Office of the Deputy Director for Management
Office of the Deputy Director for Intramural Research
|CSD (Branch C Only)||Sharde Grinder|
2. Enabling the Extension
There are two ways to enable the extension depending on how your computer is set up.
- If you did not fully shut down your computer last night, please restart so the extension can be picked up.
- Open Google Chrome
- Off to the right you may see an “Error”, and a puzzle piece (see Figure 2.1)
- Click the puzzle piece in the upper right corner and a box will appear to enable the extension
- Click “Enable Extension”
- Exit Google Chrome
Option 2 (Take the steps below if Option 1 did not work or the puzzle piece did not appear)
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right section of chrome. (See Figure 2.2)
- Click on More Tools
- Click on Extensions
- If the Content Server Browser is not selected as shown in Figure 2.3 below, click on the grayed-out slider to enable the extension as shown in Figure 2.4.
3. OpenText Editor Receipt
- Click on your Windows Start button in the lower left part of your screen.
- At the top, under Recently Added, you should see “OpenText Office Editor.”