HR Systems, Analytics, and Information Division (HR SAID)
Division Director: Phil Day
Deputy Director: Vacant
Areas of Responsibility:
- Serves as advisor to NIH leadership on HR systems solutions for NIH business needs;
- Provides project management for enterprise HR systems and functional aspects of OHR public and internal web sites and web presence;
- Provides systems training and support services for NIH customers;
- Analyzes HR metrics/benchmarks, internal OHR business practices, processes, and programs;
- Supports business standardization efforts for OHR;
- Serves as business owners for NIH HR systems including responsibility for systems risk management;
- Provides a channel for OHR technical and customer relations personnel who seek guidance on IT challenges; and
- Serves as NIH advocates for HR systems to ensure they meet NIH business and process needs.
HR SAID includes four branches:
- HR SAID Office of the Director
- Provides leadership and direction for all the programs within the division including project management guidance and oversight, customer relationship management, internal operations, administrative support, knowledge management, communications and change management.
- HR SAID Senior Leadership Information
- Director provides general oversight of the Division as well as relations with OHR and NIH.
- Deputy Director oversees WLSB and WAPOB.
- Senior Branch Chief oversees SSIMB and Customer Relationship Management.
- Workforce Lifecycle Systems Branch (WLSB)
- Branch Chief: Jaime Martinez-Borrero
- Coordinates with HHS and its Program Support Center (PSC) on all core/back office enterprise HR systems and Talent Management systems; serves as NIH advocates for these systems; collaborates with business process owners on core NIH HR systems; trains NIH users on these systems; leads OHR systems risk management efforts; leads OHR efforts to assure information security coordinates with HHS Office of the Secretary (OS) and the PSC and collaborates with NIH business owners on requirements analysis, selection, development, testing, implementation, deployment, and future enhancements for enterprise core and talent management systems.
- Workforce Automation and Process Optimization Branch (WAPOB)
- Branch Chief: Janis Villadiego
- Generates solutions which help the OHR and NIH improve and standardize business processes and capitalize on workforce data to gain useful insights and make better business decisions.
- Workforce Analytics performs business process mapping to streamline/standardize business processes; develops and administers critical surveys; provides HR analysis, dashboards and analytics for OHR; and leads OHR systems related reengineering efforts; as well as administers SMARTHR which provides the unique ability to analyze and distribute workforce related insights and solutions across the NIH.
- This branch also builds, maintains and supports the Workflow Information Tracking System (WiTS), a web-based Business Process Management tool which provides the NIH community with a standardized way to submit, track, and report on various HR and HR-related activities via online process initiation, automated email alerts and other communication, and self-service HR reporting including direct access to real-time reports and dashboards.
- HR Systems Support and Information Management Branch (SSIMB)
- Branch Chief: Brandy Wimberly
- Provides technical customer support through the HR Systems Solutions (HRSS) help desk, supporting the NIH workforce with over 15 HR systems as well as OHR websites and SharePoint sites and applications that are used only within NIH, HHS-wide, or across the Federal Government.
- This branch also provides technical and functional support of the OHR web presence. This includes development, maintenance and support for the OHR website, IntraHR website, Jobs at NIH website. and all OHR SharePoint sites. Additionally, application development and support is conducted within this team.