Sharon Ballard, Director
Areas of responsibility
The Office of Internal Management and Planning (OIMP), provides support and assistance to the OHR leadership with the execution and coordination of OHR programs and supporting activities to achieve the long-term goals and objectives of the NIH mission.
OIMP is composed of three branches:
Administrative Services Branch (ASB)
Lisa Schneider, Branch Chief
Exercises key responsibilities of OHR administrative management:
- Coordinates and conducts routine administrative operations in the areas of acquisition and procurement, travel, logistics and property, registration and other assistance for centrally funded conferences, time and attendance, space and facilities, telecommunications and information technology, OHR onboarding and off-boarding actions, and other administrative activities as necessary to ensure the efficient and effective support of OHR programs responds to requests for information or data related to service areas as needed
- Provides consultation and services in the areas of emergency preparedness and continuity of operations, Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act, ethics, records management, and NI H mandatory training
- Advises the OHR Director, Deputy Director, OIMP Director, OHR Division Directors, and other officials on matters affecting the planning and execution of administrative management programs, and
- Develops policies, delegations, and standard operating procedures for administrative management prepares and issues guidance for implementation interprets and analyzes directives from external sources for impact to OHR operations management and, ensures compliance with all applicable administrative regulations.
Engagement and Development Branch (EDB)
Janice Gonzalez, Branch Chief
- Supports the development of OHR human capital through managing OHR training and development programs
- Manages the OHR lntern Program
- Plans and implements the OHR Awards Program to recognize outstanding accomplishments that further the OHR mission through the OHR Director's Awards
- Ensures that new hires within OHR are engaged with the OHR mission from the first day, understand Federal employment, and related responsibilities and benefits by coordinating the OHR New Employee Orientation and Onboarding Program and New Supervisor Onboarding Program
- Improves knowledge sharing by managing the OHR Knowledge Management Program, and
- Executes initiatives as determined by Administration and Departmental directives or by NIH and OHR Senior Leadership ventures that address OHR workforce development, OHR engagement, and OHR retention.
Resource Management Branch (RMB)
Jeff Grempler, Branch Chief
- Responsible for the management of OHR and supported OM offices' budget, including formulation and execution, management analysis, FTE management, OHR performance ratings and awards process, and OHR space and census management
- Manages expenditures where spending ceilings have been imposed on the organization such as cash awards, items covered under the 2012 Promoting Efficient Spending Executive Order, and any future ceilings the organization is required to adhere to, and
- Works closely with the Director and Deputy Director, OHR, on conference attendance decisions and their financial impact.