Competencies help supervisors to better:
- screen prospective employees during the hiring process, which results in better hiring decisions
- discuss with employees their strengths, areas for growth, training, and developmental activities
- distribute work more efficiently by using the knowledge of employees’ proficiency levels.
- acquire training and development opportunities systematically and efficiently, e.g., develop training partnerships between organizations, bringing tailored training to employees, etc.
- determine what type of skill sets are needed in the future, which helps support succession planning.