The purpose of this award is to recognize NIH employees who deliver exceptional service. The award recognizes those individuals or groups whose professionalism, and commitment to customer service make them role models for customer service delivery.
All NIH employees. Support staff who were essential to the achievement should be included in groups.
Criteria for Individuals
- The Individual Customer Service Award recognizes individuals whose accomplishments, professionalism, and commitment to customer service make them role models for customer service delivery.
- Sustained commitment to excellent customer service over multiple years.
Examples could include, but not limited to:
Some Examples could include but are not limited to, a variety of customer-focused roles such as:
- IT Specialist who always exceeds expectations to understand and fully resolve user issues in a timely manner.
- Intramural lab technician who has spent years creating a positive lab atmosphere by orienting, training, and otherwise helping intramural staff to resolve technical issues.
- Administrative Tech who continuously goes beyond what is asked to ensure their offices and customers receive timely and superior services.
Criteria for Groups
- Organization-wide innovations and sustained improvements in customer service that enable an IC to meet the needs of their customers more effectively, leading to increased satisfaction.
- Nominations must describe a direct and measurable improvement for the customers.
- Defining, designing, or implementing streamlined solutions for improving customer experience.
Examples, but not limited to:
Some examples could include but are not limited to, organizational efforts that have directly led to improvements in meeting customer needs, such as:
- The innovative use of technologies to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Using journey mapping to identify customer needs and service gaps.
- Incorporating customer feedback into how processes are evaluated.
- New staff training models that focus on customer experience.