Purchase Card holders and Purchasing Agents are generally in the GS-1105 job series or Administrative Officers. They are authorized to obligate the Government up to the micro-purchase threshold by using a purchase card, BPA calls or other acquisition method.
- Purchase Card Training (NIHTC Course ID 9512)
- Internal & External Requisitioner (NIHTC Course ID 9516)
- Simplified Acquisition & Delegated Procurement – No longer offered at NIHTC, contact OALM/DSAPS for further guidance**
- Basic Simplified Acquisition (NIHTC Course ID 9530)
- Advanced Simplified Acquisition (NIHTC Course ID 9532)
- NBS Buyer Simplified Acquisitions - SYSTEMS 2021 (online via the LMS)
- Federal Appropriations Law - required for all GS-1105s & warrant holders (NIHTC Course ID 5521)
- Federal Appropriations Law Refresher (NIHTC Course ID 5524)
- 508 Compliance Training: (online via the LMS) - Registration Info: PDF or - Send questions to Section508help@mail.nih.gov
- Green Purchase Training (online via OALM/ACP) – Send questions to Creditcard@od.nih.gov
Electives can be taken through a variety of sources including the NIHTC.
* Not all training is mandatory. Check requirements with p-card office: Creditcard@od.nih.gov
**Contact OALM/Division of Simplified Acquisition for policy requirements: SimplifiedAcquisitionHelp@od.nih.gov