Telework is a flexible work arrangement where employees perform their job duties at an approved alternate worksite.
- accomplishment of work
- agency productivity
- Continuity of Operations Plans and emergency preparedness
- recruitment/retention strategies
- reduction of traffic and emissions
- Government real estate cost savings for taxpayers
- work/life wellness
Employees are not entitled to telework. Employees should discuss telework eligibility and arrangements with their supervisors.
- Determining Eligibility
- Eligibility Notification
- Agreement (discuss with your supervisor or IC telework coordinator if your IC has its own IC agreement forms)
- Worksite and Safety
- Liability Coverage
LMS Training for:
- Manual Chapter 2300-600-1 NIH Telework Policy
- Manual Chapter 2810 NIH Remote Access Policy
- HHS Instructions 990-1.2 HHS Telework Policy
- OPM Telework.gov
- OPM Guide to Telework
- OPM Washington, DC, Area Dismissal and Closure Procedures with Telework Responsibilities
Employees should contact their IC telework coordinator for questions related to their IC’s telework program and policies. Email NIHTelework@od.nih.gov for general NIH telework questions or to find your IC telework coordinator.