Understands and demonstrates knowledge of applicable information systems including concepts, principles, and practices related to their use and application.
- Ability to assist in or perform feasibility studies to evaluate different vendors or products as they relate to business/functional system requirements.
- Collaborates with other business/functional units to evaluate data integrity issues, design and implement data integrity courses of action to remediate existing inconsistencies in support of effective data and information management.
- Maintains working knowledge of various information systems as sources of data, the business applications of the various source systems, and how these data sources integrate with and impact data reporting and workflows.
- Develops, interprets, and analyzes data extracts and reports from automated databases. Analyzes, proposes and/or develops strategic plans for the development, enhancement, maintenance, and future development of information systems and/or automated workflows based on business requirements.
- Assists customers by developing and providing supplemental guidance, communications, and education tools (e.g., training materials, SOPs, job aids, business rules) for automated workflows and information management systems.
- Develops directives necessary to implement changes that impact agency-wide resource requirements. Analyzes system or workflow changes necessary to comply with new business and functional requirements.
- Establishes and supports the identification of business requirements that will serve as standards for system business rules, system features, and the automation of processes and workflows.
- Remains abreast of changing and emerging technologies.
- Works in support of contract administration activities for long term, extensive technical service contracts in support of information systems and/or workflows, including supplemental technologies.
- Manages, maintains, and regularly monitors systems as applicable to business areas of responsibility to ensure effective performance.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of workflow data and end user survey results to assess process efficiency and effectiveness, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Recommends efficient and effective automated systems or automated workflow approaches for a variety of uses.
- Collaborates with the applicable technical points of contact to perform user acceptance testing activities, ensuring system features and functionalities address business needs.
- Manages and tracks approvals for end user access to systems in coordination with applicable IT groups or system owners.
- Understands the system development life cycle (SDLC), ranging from gathering system requirements to testing of systems, to effectively provide systems support.