Frequently Asked Questions: Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- How does FMLA work with the Leave Transfer or Leave Bank program?
An employee who has a personal or family emergency and will go into a nonpay status for at least 24 hours (LWOP), may be eligible to apply for the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP) and/or the Leave Bank Program (VLTB).
Top Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Questions
- What is FMLA?
- Can an employee be denied FMLA leave?
- Who is eligible for FMLA?
- For whom can FMLA leave be used?
- What types of family and medical needs qualify under FMLA?
- What is a serious health condition under FMLA?
- What is a qualifying exigency related to covered active duty in the Armed Forces?
- What is covered active duty for FMLA qualifying exigency?
- What is military caregiver leave under FMLA?
- For what other purposes can an employee use FMLA leave?