The duration of leave will be based on the certification.
Employees may not use more than 12 weeks of FMLA leave for the following reasons:
- The birth of a son or daughter of the employee and the care of such son or daughter
- The placement of a son or daughter with the employee for adoption or foster care
- The care of a spouse, son or daughter, or parent of the employee who has a serious health condition
- A serious health condition of the employee that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her position
- A qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the spouse, or a son or daughter, or parent of the employee is on covered active duty (or has been notified of an impending call or order to covered active duty) in the armed forces
Employees may use up to 26 weeks of military caregiver leave. If you think you may be eligible to use military caregiver leaver, reach out to your HR Benefits contact. They will help you determine your eligibility.