Use this form below if you had trouble finding the information you needed, have a suggestion for improving this page, or found an error with the content. If you have a question that needs an immediate response, please use the Contact Us form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
NIH's Remote Work Guide Covers the following:
- Introduction to Remote Work
- Supervisor Considerations
- Employee Considerations
- Initiating Arrangements
- Best Practices
- Communication tools and Technology
Difference between Telework and Remote Work
- Remote Work: employee permanently works from an alternative worksite
- Telework: employee works from home on a regular or ad hoc basis but reports to the office at lease once a week/two days a pay period
This distinction is important because an employee's official duty station impacts the locality pay. For details, refer to OPM's website on location based pay.