Analyzes the business needs and integrates technology into the organization by designing and utilizing models and methodologies to simulate deployment.
- Distinguishes between outcome (what the system needs to achieve) and output (what the system does).
- Compares and contrasts characteristics and challenges in “new” systems adopted by the organization.
- Maintains awareness of stakeholder point of views related to available systems.
- Embraces a systems perspective for IT and related assessment process(es).
- Identifies and uses modeling and simulation approaches/tools (e.g., dynamics modeling, cost benefit analysis, costing, forecasting, sourcing models —build or buy) to make decisions.
- Determines and conducts applicable data mining and modeling activities.
- Identifies and uses various criteria (i.e., time, budget, etc.) to determine IT success and ensure alignment with stakeholder needs.
- Identifies criteria and integrates “go/no go” consideration stages into development life cycle.
- Maintains knowledge of programs and standards associated with quality management.