Understands and demonstrates knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices related to identifying, attracting, and selecting individuals and placing them into positions to address changing organizational needs.
- Performs work in line with HR laws, rules, and regulations to include various Titles of the Code of Federal Regulations, HHS policies, OPM guidelines, NIH Manual issuances, SOPs, etc.
- Provides a full range of external/internal placement and recruitment services.
- Advises on and utilizes the full available spectrum of recruitment strategies including special appointment authorities in both the competitive and excepted service, under Title 5 and Title 42 mechanisms.
- Conducts recruiting outreach efforts by representing the agency at job fairs, college recruitment activities, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Title 5 and Title 42 staffing policies and procedures, and automated recruitment systems by advising on recruitment methods and options, preparing and advertising positions, and certifying candidates for referral.
- Practices EEO principles in all Federal recruitment and hiring.
- Practices Merit Systems principles in all Federal recruitment and hiring.
- Advises on and recommends to management the full range of recruitment incentives available in order to present an attractive offer to selected candidates.