Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Identifies and evaluates problems and possible causes to determine root causes and impacts.
- Generates solutions, taking into consideration political, organizational and individual realities.
- Identifies options for solving a problem and evaluates the relative strengths and weaknesses of each option.
- Uses a logical method for organizing and analyzing information.
- Coordinates with others within his/her network, subject-matter experts and /or additional senior staff to interpret administrative policies, offer advice and solve related problems.
- Uses expertise in policies and procedures to identify problems, and makes recommendations for addressing these via communication, job aids, training, etc.
- Researches issues thoroughly. Does not jump to quick conclusions or formulate opinions based on incorrect assumptions, or inaccurate/incomplete information.