Delivers effective presentations/training sessions to educate workforce on topics of organizational importance.
- Prepares thoroughly by enlisting the support of peers, mentors, coaches, or supervisors to observe a practice of the presentation, gathers feedback prior to delivery, and refines content accordingly.
- Reinforces concepts by delivering examples that are contextually applicable to the audience's work environment.
- Understands how to use activities to create a positive group climate and engage the audience.
- Adjusts presentation methods, use of language, and group management style to build rapport and engage with the audience.
- Can be easily understood during presentations or training sessions, organizing and expressing ideas clearly in oral speech.
- Appropriately uses technology and researches best practices in support of delivery, both face-to-face and virtual.
- Assigns appropriate duration estimates to various components within a presentation or training session.
- Uses self-management strategies to maintain composure and reduce stress associated with speaking in front of groups or critical audiences.
- Understands the impact of personal appearance and attire, hand and body movements, positioning of a podium or tables, and tone of voice, on the presentation quality and audience reception.
- Tailors the content of the session to the level and experience of the audience; researches the audience prior to the session.
- Uses strategies to keep the group focused, on task, and within established time frames, while remaining responsive to needs and concerns.
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theories, conflict resolution, and group dynamics to ensure session objectives are met.
- Exudes confidence, enthusiasm, energy, and conviction in topic and delivery of content.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the topic presented by soliciting and effectively responding to audience questions.