Helps others, regardless of reporting relationship, to acquire the awareness, confidence, and resources necessary to fulfill their potential.
- Acts as a role model and example to others.
- Maintains a genuine interest in facilitating the personal and professional growth of others, regardless of reporting relationship.
- Provides informal developmental feedback.
- Listens actively to what is said and not said, and to support others' self expression.
- Shares expertise and provides informal advice.
- Assists protégé in navigating organizational landscape to achieve objectives.
- Assists, supports, and encourages others in identifying difficulties, prioritizing tasks, defining goals (e.g., creating an IDP), and producing positive results.