Plans, develops and executes a roadmap leading to the implementation of enterprise information management framework NIH wide to improve the accuracy, integrity, accessibility and security of information assets by working closely with cross-functional teams and the Enterprise Architecture team to automate various processes to help organizations to achieve efficiencies.
- Collaborates with other functional and IT units to evaluate data integrity issues, design and implement data integrity course of actions to remediate existing inconsistencies.
- Establishes a cross-functional governance body to establish data entry and usage standards, makes recommendations to business processes to prevent future data integrity issues from happening.
- Provides technical direction and expertise for Business Intelligence projects. Owns and directly shapes the BI strategy and architecture best practices, standards and principles in conjunction with DW lifecycle methodology. Moreover, performs gap analysis between the existing BI architecture and the proposed BI architecture, as well as leads group activities in closing the gaps.
- Utilizes data modeling (relational and dimensional), data integration, and data warehouse development methodologies.
- Analyzes user requirements and translates into technical specs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to establish an Enterprise Information Management framework to bring together technology, business and organizational disciplines to exploit information as a strategic asset and to overcome existing information silos in the following aspects: 1) provides organized, consistent, secure and accessible content to those individuals who are empowered with the authority, accountability and decision rights for the proper control and oversight of enterprise assets; 2) eliminates redundancy in data and processes, enables the lineage of information assets across the applications portfolio and establishes the common information infrastructure required to support business intelligence and performance management initiatives in using and analyzing information assets and metrics; 3) addresses current and anticipated information barriers for both structured & unstructured data, and delivers action-oriented flow of information required for agile enterprises.
- Establishes framework for aligning strategy, defining objectives, establishing policies and procedures for the business use and technical management of information across a major functional unit and/or the entire organization.