Assists in applying financial practices to maintain budgets.
- Understands financial management terminology, concepts, and key indicators.
- Understands expenditures, where money was spent, and helps to identify the benefits realized as a result.
- Initiates necessary financial documents as directed by the AO, and coordinates routing for approvals and budget implementation.
- Gathers and reviews financial information to support the AO’s analysis efforts.
- Research and completes paperwork to move erroneous charges, as directed by the AO; and assists with timely procurement requests and interagency agreement processing, which involves maintaining necessary electronic and paper files.
- Runs ad hoc reports under guidance from the AO to address specific problems, and performs a preliminary analysis of data on budget reports to support resolution of discrepancies.
- Gathers information or runs ad hoc reports to provide support to the AO in developing responses to HHS, NIH, OFM or Unit Data calls and inquiries using appropriate formats for presenting budget/personnel information.
- Creates, or assists in the creation of, standard financial reports under guidance and/or on a set schedule.
- Runs reports out of various systems to monitor the use and rate of expenditures of select items in program budgets, identifies potential discrepancies, and escalates potential issues to the AO.
- As directed by the AO, prepares for and executes budget spending throughout the year to ensure full utilization of resources within allocations, which includes monitoring, shifting funds, submitting timely procurement requests, and using professional judgment to identify additional or different budget requirements that arise.
- Enters, manages, and maintains/updates data in a timely and accurate manner to support the Federal and NIH budget processes utilizing the Status of Funds Internet Edition (SOFie) and nVISION/Data Warehouse.