Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible.
- Identifies cost effective approaches.
- Demonstrates broad understanding of financial management principles to direct organizational actions.
- Sets organizational priorities by aligning organizational finances with NIH strategic goals.
- Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
- Prepares, justifies and/or administers the budget for the program area.
- Monitors the overall performance of the organization and adjusts allocation of finances based on progress against goals.
- Fosters an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility.