Understands and complies with the Federal Budget process, including budget formulation, presentation and execution.
- Possesses knowledge of Federal proprietary/accrual and budgetary accounting.
- Uses forecasting and historical data to prepare detailed financial plans.
- Understands the hierarchy of financial authority within the Federal Government.
- Possesses knowledge of current laws, regulations and guidance affecting the Federal budget process.
- Uses written strategic business plans to support financial assumptions.
- Presents the financial planning/budgeting process and/or financial model to a variety of audiences (i.e. co-workers, new employees, Congress).
- Possesses knowledge of the Appropriations Process.