Understands and demonstrates knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, case law, principles, and practices related to employee conduct, performance, and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a variety of personnel management services to include performance management, employee conduct, benefits administration, and other work life issues.
- Reviews complaints or grievances; with management, performs fact-finding and advises management on the preparation of disciplinary and adverse action, grievance, and appeal letters.
- Demonstrates knowledge of wide range of HR concepts, laws, policies, practices related to employee relations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all aspects of employee relations, and provides training/orientation to supervisors, managers and employees.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends management interventions to solve complex problems and issues.
- Applies knowledge of consensus building, negotiation, coalition building, mediation, and other non-adversarial problem solving approaches to resolve problems and advise management.
- Develops and delivers briefings, legal documents, project papers, advisory opinions, and arguments through oral and/or written communication.
- Develops guidance and provides regulatory and policy advice and assistance on workforce relations matters such as work schedules, time and leave, performance management, etc.