Operate effectively within the NIH and the Federal government; effectively manage people, resources, and risk.
- Utilizes and manages people, technology, legal and other resources to achieve outcomes.
- Identifies current and future resource needs based on organizational goals, priorities, competing resource needs across initiatives, and budget realities.
- Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principals to ensure decisions are fiscally sound, responsible and aligned with organizational priorities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of budget and funding process and how to optimize resource allocation within these constraints.
- Proactively identifies potential risks and develops, plans and implements measures to avoid, mitigate or minimize risk.
- Understands legal and ethical boundaries and works within them.
- Acts decisively by gathering integrating and analyzing sufficient, relevant information from various sources, to make effective, timely and transparent decisions, both in routine and crisis situations.
- Identifies and reacts to organizational and outside forces that might influence or be affected by decisions.
- Uses influence and negotiation skills to advocate or defend decisions as necessary.