Uses a variety of approaches to manage and resolve concerns, disagreement, and conflict.
- Invites others to express their points of view.
- Identifies and takes steps to prevent potential situations that could result in unpleasant confrontations.
- Expresses disagreements in a way that does not attack or disparage others.
- Helps uncover underlying and unstated issues causing the conflict.
- Brings disagreements into the open and addresses them.
- Knows when to compromise and when to stand firm.
- Expands areas of agreement and narrows areas of disagreement.
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to conflict.
- Identifies the truth in criticisms.