Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Organizes, expresses, and communicates ideas clearly in writing.
- Listens actively; asks clarifying questions and summarizes or paraphrases what others have said to verify understanding.
- Ensures that regular communication occurs based on the needs of the work, the individual, management or the situation.
- Uses analogies, visuals, and other techniques to tailor communications to specific audiences.
- Utilizes skill in presenting information, analysis, ideas and positions in a clear, succinct, accurate, convincing manner, as is appropriate with the audience.
- Identifies and uses effective communication channels and methods (e.g., presentations, electronic dissemination, social media).
- Clearly and effectively conveys information verbally.
- Asks appropriate questions.